- An Alternative to Burial and Cremation Gains Popularity and is Now Legal in California
- Eco-Friendly ‘Burial Suits’ Are on the Rise, But Are They Really Necessary?
- Green burial cemeteries in California – A non-profit, community-based, information resource.
- Green Burials: Another Way To Say Goodbye
- Sustainability in the cemetery
They are not only not necessary, but they are mispresented or misunderstood: Bacteria, not fungi do most of the decomposition. Further, we know from soil science that added microbes are nearly always quickly eaten by the local soil biota. Save your money and trust soil. Homage to the creators though for fostering further awareness of natural burial.
Here are 22 of the best reasons to plant and care for trees or defend a tree’s standing: Trees combat climate change Excess carbon dioxide (CO2) caused by many factors is a building up in our atmosphere and contributing to climate change. Trees absorb CO2, removing and storing the carbon while releasing the oxygen back into the air. In one year, an acre of mature trees absorbs the amount of CO2 produced when you drive your car 26,000 miles.