Here are 22 of the best reasons to plant and care for trees or defend a tree’s standing: Trees combat climate change Excess carbon dioxide (CO2) caused by many factors is a building up in our atmosphere and contributing to climate change. Trees absorb CO2, removing and storing the carbon while releasing the oxygen back into the air. In one year, an acre of mature trees absorbs the amount of CO2 produced when you drive your car 26,000 miles.
- Top 22 Benefits of Trees | TreePeople
- Statements on Climate Change from Major Scientific Academies, Societies, and Associations (January 2017 update)
- People and Trees: An Intimate Connection – American Forests
- The 23 Most Gorgeous Trees From Around The World
- Bark: An Intimate Look at the World’s Trees – Brain Pickings